You probably think the process of writing a research paper is the hardest. Well, to surprise you, coming up with a topic is the most difficult part altogether. You have to employ creativity, essential writing skills, experience, and material to hold the subject down.
How to select a Topic
Here is the step-by-step process of choosing a topic for your research paper:
- Observe your interests
- Gather enough information
- Listen to your instructor
To make a topic fascinating, you first have to have an interest in it. When you are personally motivated and attracted to the subject you choose, you can get motivated and execute it well, which can ease the writing process for you. A better way is to check on topics that are trending.
It should be the second element in your list when it comes to choosing topics. You will want to have enough information and knowledge to help you execute the subject in-depth. Toil to get enough material to bolster the paper. You can look for resources such as publications, journals, books, online blogs and articles, and websites. When you have more sources than you need, the better your writing process will become.
When choosing a topic, keep in mind the instructions of your teacher. He/she may have different preferences depending on your academic level. You should also make sure that you confirm the topic you have with your supervisor before writing the research. They can guide you through it, which makes it easy too.
Examples of Research Paper Topics
- College funding and education
- Drug abuse among students in college
- Do students have the right to choose their courses?
- Pregnancy among girls in college
High School Topics
- What is the efficiency of standardized tests?
- What are the causes of grade inflation?
- Should corporal punishment be allowed?
- What are the effects of bullying in high schools?
- Should disabled children be allowed to study with their healthy counterparts?
- What are the causes and effects of Tourette syndrome?
- Explore coma recovery, especially on the level of mentality
- Should people exercise during work time to reduce stress levels?
- What are the most common sleep disorders and discuss the way they can get resisted
- Discuss eating disorders and childhood obesity in the United States
- Explore alchemy and its implementation
- Can nurses save babies born before 27 weeks? How?
- How effective is screwing to breast cancer?
- Explore the technology of forensic science
- Discuss the opportunities and threats of nuclear energy
- What are the risks associated with nuclear power?
Religion and Literature Topics
- What is the significance of the Quran to the religion?
- Give reasons why the Bible should get termed as a literature
- What is the comparison between Madame Bovary and Anna Karenina?
- Explore the relationship between Virgil and Dante
- Discuss the controversies surrounding the works of Shakespeare
- Give reasons for the support of euthanasia in the medical field
- Should people suffering from HIV receive free treatment?
- Is the protection of animals more vital than the needs of the business?
- Does body language matter in a relationship?